Saturday, July 12, 2014

Camille Rose Garcia

This artist's drawing style reminds me a lot of my own. Disney with a Burton twist. I wish I could master color the way this woman has. Matches the brilliant work of Mary Blair.  We had an exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum that displayed Garcia's Alice in Wonderland work next to the concept art from Disney's Alice movie drawn by Blair over 60 years ago!

Ghost of G Sharp 7

Antarctic Suburban Outpost

Owls come up often in her work.

As well as bats... and smoking pipes.

Hunters and Warriors Illustration from her publication of the story "Snow White"

Mad Tea Party illustration from "Alice in Wonderland" 

Here are some examples of Blair's  work, her name has also come up in some critiques of my work. She pretty much embodied what the Disney style wanted to be. Walt was quoted that he had never even seen colors Mary would mix and paint with, several of her paintings were hung up on the walls of the Disney residence.

Alice at the White Rabbit's House

At the Mad Tea Party; I love the chairs in this one.

Concept art for the glass carriage in Cinderella.

Very memorable scene from the movie where Cinderella is balancing a tea cup on her head.

She also designed "its a small world" with one of my other favorite WED cast members, Rolly Crump.

No comments:

Post a Comment